Mizuno’s first collection will be the Japan Street Food Pack
Peachtree Corners, GA – (April 22nd, 2022) – Mizuno, a global leader in lifestyle footwear, has launched Sportstyle, the brand’s global lifestyle line that, until now, has not been a part of the US company’s assortment. Mizuno will launch the Japan Street Food Pack in April, with designs that focus around traditional and iconic Japanese food stalls and paired with our 80s/90s footwear silhouettes.
“We are extremely excited to bring this category to the US,” said Tina Danforth, product manager for Sportstyle at Mizuno USA. “This is an opportunity for us to tell stories and showcase our footwear heritage through lifestyle product.
Mizuno USA’s first Sportstyle line will be the Japan Street Food pack; inspired by the retro bar districts in Japan. We will bring this story to life through three Sportstyle models: the Contender, the MIZUNO GV87, and the City Wind.
All three models will have each food stall represented as a graphic printed on the sockliner. Those food stall inspirations are:
- Oden: a hot pot dish that is comforting and savory. You will see this inspiration reflected in the design of the Contender.
- Soba: a noodle dish popular in street food culture. You will see this inspiration reflected in the design of the MIZUNO GV87.
- Sake: a sweet traditional Japanese alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice. You will see this inspiration reflected in the design of the City Wind.
- CONTENDER: First launched in 1995 as a running shoe that was also used for training.
- MIZUNO GV87: Launched in the mid 80’s as a running shoe called the “Air Geneva.” This was a common silhouette from Mizuno before they introduced wave technology.
- CITY WIND: Introduced in 1989 as an all-weather court shoe for tennis.
About Mizuno USA:
Mizuno USA, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuno Corporation, one of the largest specialty sporting goods manufacturers in the world. Mizuno USA, Inc. manufactures and distributes golf, baseball, softball, running, volleyball, swimming and tennis equipment, apparel, and footwear for North America. Mizuno USA, Inc. is based in Peachtree Corners, Ga.